Saturday, February 25, 2006

my book chap 3

Chapter 3: A Day of Dreams
"Mom, why can't I go play my piano on the corner? You alaways let me."
"Because I say so."
"So what?" I asked.
"I'm the mommy that's why. Oh, and speaking of piano, your signed up for lessons with Nina Carson, the the most famous piano player of all time."
" I still don't get why I have to stay home." she WOULD NOT let her change the subject.
"All right you can if you can recite the first paragraph of your play."
"Fine, you win," she answered,
"Boston Commons 1748
In colonial America, women often met to work and talk together. As they spun, sewed, and knitted, they discussed events in thier communities, their colonies, and the mother country, England. Soon women were forming political groups. In 1748, a group of 300 women held a political rally in the Boston Commons. They set up their spinning wheels and spent the day working to protest the English control of trade." She recited.
"Now you may go play."
Adria rushed out the door, set up her piano and started playing. 10 more dollars and I have enough, she thought to herself.
Soon, a ton of people showed up. This is is more people than usual, thought Adria. She didn't care she just kept playing (if I were invisble, a disney song. some were singing along.) her piano. She loved art and piano, but piano was her talent.
When she finished, she stood up and people threw tons of money in the coffee can she used to get money. Some kids pulled change out of there pockets, adults wrote checks, and the really little kids asked for money to put in the "can".

Later, while Adria was counting it, the doorbell rang. Her mom got it.
"Adria come here." with a sigh,Adria came to the door. The delivery man asked her to sign somthing, and she did. The guy left, and she opened the package. inside was a-
Adria gasped. It was a dream come true. She examined it. An actual piano! She had been saving up for one for ages, and somone bought her one! She read the name. Tara Carlson, age 10.
She read a note taped to the piano.
"I talked to you at school just yesterday." I had signed it and told the man, who happened to be my dad, to drop it of first.
He had listened, and Adria was in heaven.
She finished counting her money, and she had 50$!
It was a day of dreams.

1 comment:

plugalong said...

A real piano would be wonderful. It's noy impossible.